- What is a Supercard DSTWO DS adapter, and why should I get one?
- How does a Supercard DS2 work?
- What hardware do I need to use a Supercard DSTWO card?
- Step by step installation instructions
- Where do I download DSTWO software?
- Where can I buy a Supercard DSTWO adapter?
- Supercard DSTWO Frequently Asked Questions
The Supercard DSTWO R4 card is a super premium custom flash card for the Nintendo DS. It fits in the regular game slot and vastly expands on the features of your DS Lite, Dsi, DSi XL, or new 3DS console. It will allow you to play backed up DS and DSi games, but also Gameboy Advanced and Gameboy Color games due to the unique emulators built right into the function of the card. When the Supercard DSTWO R4 is used with Moonshell Homebrew Media Player, you can also play msuic mp3′s, converted movies, and view pictures.
The Supercard DSTWO adapter is read from the normal DS game slot. It reads data off of a removable micro sd card. Once the appropriate menu software files are installed on the micro sd card, the Supercard DSTWO can boot into its own custom menu and access all of its advanced features. All without risk of any data or physical damage to the DS console itself.
If you are unfamiliar with using ds cards you might wonder exactly what is required to use a Supercard DSTWO. See the following checklist below:
- A Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, or 3DS console
– OR – – OR – -OR-
- The Supercard DSTWO comes with a USB micro sd card adapter. The style of USB adapter you receive may vary from the one on the pictures, but they all work the same, and may be included free from your vendor.
- AND –
- The actual memory itself – a micro SD card. Most stores that carry Supercard DSTWO adapters will also have these available as attachments. They range from 2GB to 32GB now, but rarely do you find them above 16GB. 4GB should be adequate for most uses, but 8GB or more will ensure that you really can carry everything around at once. All brands should work, but it doesn’t hurt to go with a reliable brand like Sandisk. – OR – – OR – – OR –
For most people asking What Micro SD Card is best for my Supercard DSTWO? – we suggest considering a 2GB or 4GB card for those users who have a small games library for their DSTWO card, and the 8GB or 16GB micro SD card for people who have a lot of games and media files and don’t like switching often.
intial setup of a Supercard DSTWO card may be confusing for users new to ds cards. Once you get the steps down below it will be a breeze for future use of the Supercard DSTWO
- STEP 1 – Buy the Supercard and micro SD memory
If you are looking still to buy Supercard DSTWO take a look at Where to Buy Supercard DSTWO page. There you will find a preselected list of reputable vendors who should provide excellent service and support.
- STEP 2 – Checklist of materials
Before we move on, take a check to make sure you have everything below:
- Supercard DSTWO DS Adapter
- Micro SD USB adapter
- Micro SD card storage
- Computer with an unzip program installed.
- Internet connection
- STEP 3 – Download the current Supdercard DSTWO menu software files
Once you have all the physical tools, download the latest firmware files as the DSTWO ds adapter will need those to run. They are periodically updated so you might want to check often. The official site for the Supercard DSTWO card can be found at www.supercard.sc The files will most likely be in .zip format, which will have to be unzipped onto the DSTWO micro sd card. You can unzip them directly onto the micro sd card, or copy them after they are extracted.
- STEP 4 – Setting up your micro SD card for use with your DSTWO
Load the micro sd card for your Supercard DSTWO onto the computer using the USB adapter. When using Windows, you will be automatically prompted to choose what to do with the micro SD card when inserted. Simply select “Open folder to view files.” When using MAC OS, it will appear like a flash drive on the desktop.
Take the DSTWO menu files you downloaded previously then drag the window for the micro sd card to the side of the screen. Select all Supercard DSTWO files then drag and drop over to the folder window for your micro SD card. Your micro SD card’s root directory should now look like the Supercard DSTWO menu file screenshot below.
Those files are all needed to load the DSTWO menu. Now you can copy over your .nds games, saves, homebrew apps, and media. Insert the micro sd card into your Supercard DSTWO adapter, then just treat it like a regular game.
- STEP 5 – Booting up your Supercard DSTWO
You’ve done all the hard work, your Supercard DSTWO adapter should be prepped and ready to use. Turn on your Nintendo DS console and tap the game icon to load the Supercard DS2 menu, and you should see the screen below.
And you’re good to go!
Before you can use your Supercard DSTWO card, you need to download the latest menu software, which is also known as the firmware or the kernel. You can download what you need from the official manufacturer’s website at www.supercard.sc. There is also a convenient list of official websites to download everything from on our Download Supercard DSTWO Firmware page.
There are many options online where you can purchase DSTWO Adapters. Not all of them are good. We have performed secret shopping of many of these web vendors to determine which ones sell genuine cards and friendly consistent service. Check out our Where to Buy DSTWO page for a solid source of dependable vendors.
Some of the more commonly asked questions about the Supercard DSTWO can be found here. Feel free to contact us and we may add more.
- What is the biggest micro SD memory card size I can use with my Supercard adapter?
The largest theoretical capacity the Supercards DS can accept is 32GB, although stores very rarely sell memory this big because it’s quite expensive. 8GB tends to be the option most people go for, with 16GB for those with particularly large numbers of games and multimedia they want to use with their DSTWO.
- What consoles is the DSTWO compatible with?
The Supercard DSTWO is compatible with the original Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS consoles. However, you must make sure you never automatically update your console’s firmware (known as “System Update” in the settings of your console) because these updates often cause DSTWO cards to stop working. You should always wait for the Supercard team to release patches to make them compatible with new Nintendo updates, before updating your console.
- I have updated my Nintendo console to the latest firmware and now my Supercard card doesn’t work. What can I do?
Unfortunately it is impossible to reverse a Nintendo console update. Check the official manufacturer’s website to see if there is a patch / fix out for the console update you have just applied. If there is, you can download and update the console (although you’ll need to use a DS Lite / pre-patch DSi or 3DS to apply the patch, you can’t use the same console to apply it). Otherwise, you must be patient and wait until a fix comes out (this typically takes anything from a week to two months), or buy a different card that is compatible. See our Where to Buy Supercard page for stores that have other cards for sale that could be compatible with the latest Nintendo console firmwares.